I tried to organise a collection for stuff I no longer needed, it wasn't the most smooth process.
Highlighted problems include:
- Time consuming process for both parties.
- Can only be arranged during stipulated work day hours by calling.
- Certain charities have different arms for certain items (this involved being transferred on the call).
- Call operator can only judge by verbal communication — which can be limiting on detail.
- Potential efficiencies to be made with a digital system and a routing algorithm.
Perhaps Uber, Addison Lee, ViaVan et al could do some pro-bono allowing the charities to leverge their routing software and idle drivers.